Welcome to Faith Lutheran Church
(Serving the Community Since 1947)
We invite you to gather with us to participate in worship, fellowship, and service to our neighbors.
|Sunday mornings at Faith
9:00am – Sunday School and Adult Forum
10:30am – Worship
11:30am – Fellowship
Tuesday, 7:00pm – SonRise Bible Study
Our Food Pantry is open the 3rd Saturday of the month, 9:00-11:00am and in emergencies.
Join us on our journey to learn about and do God’s work in the Avon community and the world. We will celebrate with you, laugh with you, cry with you and grow with you. All part of the life of a child of God.
Faith’s welcome mat is always out.
Let us all Love, Serve and Gather in Christ.
From Our Pastor
Spiritual Practices During Lent
Make more room for God this Lent by choosing not to do some things (fasting) and by choosing to do other things (feasting).
Traditionally fasting has included reducing the amount of food we eat and staying away from meat. We fast to allow our physical hunger to remind us of our spiritual hunger, our need for God. The purpose of fasting is to turn our attention to both God and others.
Things to fast from...
• watching television
• buying new things for yourself
• snack or junk foods
• spending money on entertainment
• being angry at other people
• holding resentments
A feast is something that gives unusual or abundant pleasure. Jesus tells us what gives us the most real and lasting joy: it is loving God and serving others. During Lent, we pay attention to feasting on joy, compassion, service, and hope so that we might grow in faith all year long.
Things to feast on...
• acts of kindness to others (there are simple 40 acts of kindness lists on the internet)
• attending the Making Sense of the Cross study
• participating in worship
• take part in additional worship services on Wednesdays and during Holy Week
• acts of service and charity
• giving money or food/clothing to people who are hungry or in need
• reading your Bible
• pray for one person a day and let them know it